“Nigeria Needs An Impactful Legislature”
Alhaji Ibrahim Bolaji Alege is an Educationist, a Chief Lecturer in the Department of Economics, Kwara State College of Education, Oro. Currently, he is the Dean, School of Secondary Education, (Art and Social Sciences), who is interested in representing the good people of Ilorin East/South in the National Assembly come 2023.
Alege, a former Senior Special Assistant on Employment Generation to the Executive Governor of Kwara State between 2007 and 2009, has also unveiled his ‘Agenda’ to consolidate on his past achievements for his Constituency and the State at large. His chain of achievements definitely are going to put him in good stead to win the coming election.
A Visionary and Distinguished Academician, Alege, is a pacesetter and a role model for this generation. He is goal-driven personality with over thirty years experience in policy making, strategy development, economics, youth and women development. He has proven expertise in private and public sector policy formulation and strategic planning. He has proven record of leadership with outstanding management and team building abilities; skilled in team motivation, development, coaching and mentoring; strong interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills; sound communication skills: written, verbal and presentations; trustworthy with very strong ethics.
On personal note, he has a manifesto that is all about the people’s interest and wellbeing. With God on his side, victory is sure for his great Party (PDP).
He is confident that he would emerge as the choice of the people stems from his landmark achievements in the area of attracting quality projects to his locality coupled with his humane approach to issues.
As an experienced grassroots politician with a vast network of committed nation builders spread across Kwara Central and beyond, he will network with his fellow legislators to make laws that will guarantee good governance and maintain peaceful co-existence in his constituency, which will guarantee better condition of living through development.
Education will be given priority and will ensure that laws that will guaranty free education from primary to secondary school levels were made. Brilliant but indigent students will also have scholarship and grants that will cushion the effects of their trying to attain greater heights in education.
He also undertake to carry his constituents along by feeling their pulses from time to time, operates more as their worker who is accountable to them.
By the grace of God he will avoid corrupt practices, because his is not joining politics to run the rat race of materialism. It is about serving his people and it is hoped that history will be kind to him at the end of his political career.
Below is Alhaji Ibrahim Bolaji Alege’s Profile, Dreams and Achievements:
To consolidate and build a united and prosperous Constituency with abundant opportunities through serial optimism to excel.
Whatever good that I can do for fellow human being which can alleviate suffering and possibly bring joy and happiness to the less privileged would be vigorously pursued.
I have the conviction that instead of only criticizing people in government, I can make difference and I should not only fold my arms but actively join hands with other God-fearing patriots to help bring the much-desired development to my State especially the good people of Ilorin East/South Federal Constituency.
Born on August 3rd 1960, Alege hails from a humble family background in Ilorin, Ilorin South Local Government Area of Kwara State.
He attended Oke-Aluko LSB, Ilorin between 1972 and 1977; Government Secondary Schools, Malete and Ilorin from 1977 to 1982 and 1982 to1984 respectively for his West African Ordinary School Certificate (O Levels).
He proceeded to the University of Jos between 1985 and 1989 where he bagged B.Sc. Economics/Education. In his burning quest to deepen his knowledge he proceeded to Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto where he obtained M.sc in Economics in 2008. He is currently undergoing his Ph.d Economics at the Kwara State University, Malete.
Alege is a member of different professional bodies including: Member, Certified Teachers; Member, Nigerian Registered Teachers; Associate Fellow, Institute of Operation Research of Nigeria and Member, College of Education Academic Staff Union.
KEY ACHIEVEMENT: (As SSA Empowerment)
-Facilitation of Approval and Establishment of Kwara State Traffic Maintenance Agency (KWARTMA) (2009)
– Training of Some Youths on Various Vocational Skills through the Collaboration of Office of SSA Employment Generation with National Directorate of Employment (NDE) at Various times.
– Provision of Vocational Equipment to Many Young Artisans Through the Help of National Directorate of Employment at Various times.
– Facilitation of Employment of Different Cadres.
– Training of Young farmers on Modern Farming System at Kwara State Malete Youth Farm.
– Facilitation of Empowerment of Malete Youth Farmers Graduates by the State Government with Provisions of Land, Motorcycles and Payment of Allowance to them.
– Supervision of Training of Young Graduates of Various Levels of Education with Stipends paid to them on Monthly bases by the State under Dr. Bukola Saraki’s Administration (2007 – 2009).
– Facilitation of Staff Loan for Graduates of Young Fish Farmers, Ilorin through the Office of National Poverty Eradication Programme, Kwara State to Establish themselves.
– Secure of Jobs for Some Young Kwarans at Former Chellaran Company, Ilorin, Coca-Cola, Sterling Bank, Dangote Flower Maills etc.
KEY ACHIEVEMENT: (As SSA Religious)
– Facilitation of Airlifting of Umrah Pilgrims from Ilorin International Airport by Collaborating with the Office of SSG and Kwara State Pilgrim Board.
– Ensuring Smooth Running of Hajji and Umrah Operations in Kwara State without Denying Any Intending Pilgrim from Performing the Hajj.
– Ensuring Peaceful Co-existence of the Two Major Religious Adherents.
– Settlement of Many Religious Disagreements which could have led to crisis with the help of Patriotic Chairman and Members of Kwara State Religious Committee Under the Leadership of Alhaji Mohammed Koro and Some Eminent Kwarans of High Repute such as Barrister Peter Olorunnisola (SAN), Retired Grand Khadi Ibrahim Ambali, Rev. C.O. Fawenu and Others.
SPECIAL COMMUNITY SERVICES:
– Senior Special Assistant on Employment Generation to the Governor of Kwara State (2007 – 2009).
– Senior Special Assistant on Religious Affairs to the Governor of Kwara (2009 – 2011).
– Member, Kwara State Religious Committee (2009 – 2011).
– Acting Chairman, Kwara State Government Committee on Improvement of Technical Education and Establishment of Vocational College (2008).
– Member, Kwara State Government on Christmas and Ramadan Gifts.
– Member, Kwara State Government on Keke NAPEP (2009).
– National Delegates PDP Convention (2012 and 2013).
– Member, Kwara State College of Education, Oro, Committee on Environment (2006).
– Commercial Manager, Kwara State College of Education, Oro, Committee on COEDO Ventures (2006).
– Member, Kwara State College of Education, Oro Committee on Peace and Conflict Resolution (2007).
– Member, Kwara State College of Education, Oro School of Education Committee on Journal Publications (2015).
– Chairman, Ilorin Emirate Staff Association, Kwara State College of Education, Oro (1992 till date).
– Member, Pop-Olomba Progressive Association, Ilorin.
– Chairman, Kwara Foresight.
– Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institution.
– Sensitisation Workshop on the 2021 Edition of NCE Minimum Standards and the Use of Quality Assurance Toolkit for Self Assessment.
SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES:
– Operation Research and Governance.
– Relevance of Small Scale Enterprise in the Development of Nigeria Economy.
– Entrepreneur Development and Youth Employment in Nigeria.
– Towards Improving Academic Performance of Students in Secondary Schools in Kwara State.
– Vocational Education and Nation-Building in Nigeria.
– Nigeria’s Education Travails: Barricade to Socio-Economy Development.
– Nigeria Economy Woes: Manifestation of Mismanagement in Social Administration.
– Corruption in Nigeria: The Role and Challenges of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
– Foreign Direct Investment in Agriculture and Poverty Reduction in Nigeria.
– Entrepreneurship Development as a Creative for Employment Creation in the Nigerian Change Agenda.
– Political Economy of Oil Exploration and Violent Conflicts in the Niger Delta of Nigeria.
– Reflections on Youths and Employment Programmes in Kwara State.
– Harnessing Human Resources for Food Security and National Development: Issues and Challenges.
– Role of Agriculture in Enhancing Employment Creation, Poverty Reduction and Promotion of National Development in Nigeria.
– Democracy and Resources Management: The Role of Credible Election.- Poverty as a Determinant of Street Begging in Nigeria.
– Relevance of Small Scale Enterprise in the Development of Nigerian Economy: An Overview
– Entrepreneurial Development and Youth Employment in Nigeria A Theoretical Review.
– Entrepreneurship Development as Creative for Employment Creation in the Nigeria Change Agenda.
– Foreign Direct Investment in Agriculture and Poverty Reduction in Nigeria.
– The Nigeria Economy Woes: Manifestation of Mismanagement in Social Administration.
– Education: A Panacea to Ebola Virus in Nigeria.
– Review of the Impacts of Traditional Economics Sector on Human Capital Development Sustainability in Nigeria.
– Poverty and Poverty Reduction Mechanism in Nigeria.
– Political Corruption, Good Governance and Social Order in Nigeria’s Fourth Republic.
– Statistics for Schools and Colleges.
– Introduction to Business and Macro Economics- Statistics at a Glance.
– Applied Economics.
– Introduction to Development Economics.
– Introduction to Macroeconomics
– Vocational Studies for Economist.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
He has passion for improved welfare of Constituents and with his experience, exposure and capacity he would bring development, good governance and impactful leadership to his Constituency.
He promise the people of Ilorin East/South Federal Constituency of lasting legacy in terms of the legislature by 2023 should he get into office.