Sequel to the stalemated election of Rivers State Chapter of Nigeria Union of Journalists on 12th July, 2021 and the expiration of the tenure of immediate past Executive of the union led Stanley Job Stanley, the national President of NUJ Chris Isiguzo today sent a delegation to Inaugurate a Caretaker Committee made up of eight Chapels that are on clear financial standing.
On arrival at the state Secretariat, the outgone Chairman Stanley Job Stanley and Secretary, Ike Wigodo in connivance with some hired tugs resisted the national officers from carrying out the directive of the national President.
Determined not to fail in the duty assigned to them, the national officers led by the National Trustee zone F, Angese John Inaugurated Chairmen and Secretaries of eight chapels on clear financial standing as caretaker commitee.
The Caretaker Committee members include:
1 Federal Ministry of Information Chapel a) Chairman, Gabriel Obokwub) Secretary, Helen Nsirim
2. State Ministry of Information Chapel a) Chairman – Owupele Benibo
3. The Tide Chapel a) Chairman – Amadi Akujobib) Secretary – Kevin Nengia
4. Radio Rivers Chapel a) Chairman – Lekia Godspower Anyab) Secretary – Asitonka Fubara-Tams
5. RSTV Chapel a) Chairman – Nnamdi Oliminib) Secretary – Justice Ihunwo
6. Correspondents Chapel a) Chairman – Amaechi Okonkwo b) Secretary – Chidi Ohalete
7. NTA Chapel a) Chairman – Kingsley Amajiri b) Secretary- Robinson Derateide
8. Treasure FM (FRCN) Chapel.a) Chairman – Gabriel Okechukwu.
At the end of the Inauguration, Amaechi Okonkwo of the Correspondents’ Chapel was elected by the Caretaker Committee as Chairman while Justice Ihunwo of Rivers State Television was elected Secretary.
The national Trustee enjoined the Committee to ensure successful completion of the State council election and return the council to the part of peace.